Best Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floor Carpets & Pet hair
Table of Content
- Why for Only hardwood floors? Also for Carpets and Pet hair…
- Best Upright Vacuum for Hardwood Floors, Carpets and Pet hair
- Canister Vacuum for Hardwood floors, Carpet and Pet hair
- Buying guide of Vacuum cleaner for Hardwood floors:
Why for Only hardwood floors? Also for Carpets and Pet hair…
Consumers become confused to buy the best vacuums. I’m here to help you find the best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors, carpets and pet hair.
I’ll narrow down and discuss each topic here so that you can easily find the best one for you. Because_
People always tried to find out the best product for their home, especially when thinks about buying appliances. Why not? Because buying an appliance is something like an investment. In this modern era, appliances are great to make our life comfortable and convenient. People buy the best vacuum for hardwood floors to keep the house looking fresh all the time.
Whether you are buying the best upright vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors or best canister vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors, Even you are looking the best vacuum for carpet or the best vacuum for pet hair, you must always pick the best one.
Before going to the deep, let me tell you what is included in this post for you.
What you’ll find through this article-
- Overview of vacuum.
- Table of top vacuums.
- Short reviews of Best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors.
- Which vacuum cleaner is best and which you should buy?
- A short vacuum buying guide for hardwood floors, carpets and pet hair.
You’ll have no more confusion and find each topic through this article.
Some clever consumers find those vacuums which are able to show the excellent cleaning performance and perform for both Hardwood floors and carpets. Yes, there is always an option to buy this type of vacuum cleaner by which you can clean your floors as well as carpets also.
If you are looking for the best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors which will also work respectively for carpet, I’m here to help get you started.
There are lots of options available for a vacuum cleaner in the market for its versatile areas of cleaning. That means if you are using a vacuum cleaner, which could be the best sweeper for cleaning your home floor to ceiling. All in one.
There are many well-known brands like Shark, Dyson, Panasonic etc are producing vacuums with lots of engaging modern features to give the consumers easy cleaning experience, hassle free options and availability of best vacuum. Every brand has its own unique selling propositions and own marketing strategies.
Best Vacuums for your home
Are you in a hurry? Check the table at a glance to pick the best.
Best Upright Vacuum for Hardwood Floors, Carpets and Pet hair
This type of vacuum cleaner is very famous in the United States for many reasons. Most of the house in America has carpet in floors. And also wall to wall carpeting is still popular in the United States.
Upright vacuum cleaners are most convenient than the other types of Vacuums in the market for cleaning carpet as well as hardwood and tile floors. This type of vacuum cleaner has a great suction power to pick up dirt, dust, pet hair from your floors and carpets.
Full-sized Upright vacuum cleaners are great for hardwood floors.
#1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Speed (NV752)
Shark achieved the best rank from the critics, from satisfied customers especially for the upright model. If you have a look at another post about the best upright vacuum cleaner, you’ll see why the shark is so popular.
This model of Shark Rotator powered lift-away is a 3 in 1 vacuum; an upright vacuum and a lift-away portable and a canister mood.
It is called the hard floor hero for its awesome cleaning ability in hard floor. The vacuum cleaner comes with an attachment called hard floor genie an interesting tool that has a suction channel on the front. And an area for a washable microfiber pad that comes with the vacuum cleaner for dry surfaces.
The vacuum handle has several controls like basic on/off which is very convenient. The brush bar control switch for hard floor and carpets ensure you no scattering of debris when you’re using it.
This vacuum is constructed with large dust can than other old shark model and complete sealed HEPA technology to trap allergens into the vacuum and keep your air fresh. The dust cup can be emptied with one single press.
The vacuum cleaner is not very heavy and not very light also. It’s weight about 15 lbs.
- The vacuum is more convenient, portable and compact.
- The height adjustment feature is for carpet let you adjust according to the pile height, made it great for carpet cleaning.
- Best for hardwood floor to above floor, it comes with different vacuum moods and truepet mini motorized brush; so best for pet hair also.
- It has the fingertip control, dynamic swivel steering, LED on floor nozzle to give you more hassle-free and ease of cleaning.
- Brush roll indicator light turns green when spinning the brush rolls, so no more confusion about the brush roll is on or off.
- The top of the vacuum cleaner is heavy but it works great on handheld
- It doesn’t collect a large amount of dust with just one move.
- I found some less suction on the low pile carpet mood than the hard floor.
In the bottom line, it is very good at hard floor cleaning. No matter your floor is wood, laminate or tile floor. The main benefit I found of this model is never loos it’s functionality and very easy to use. No sacrifice for picking dirt and dust from your floor. Many features and attachment tool really make it a hero for hardwood floor.
- Shark's original full-sized Powered Lift-Away. The canister detaches to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- XL capacity with full-size performance.
- Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode.The dust cup holds 3.3 dry quarts
#2. Hoover Air Pro Bagless upright vacuum
In this short summary, I’ll paint a clear picture of this vacuum cleaner according to the things that make it better for hardwood floors.
Well, this is a bagless upright vacuum cleaner from Hoover constructed with Hoover patented WindTunnel 3 technology. That means are three channels of suction to pick up dirt.
When you vacuum floors, be sure the mood selector on the side of your machine is pointed to the floor. It is like a fan regulator, easy changing the brushroll control for the hard floor to carpet.
The automatic adjust technology lets you adjust automatically whatever style of carpet in the room whether it is shag, Berber or anything in between.
I just rely on this one that this vacuum has a low profile design to go under your furniture. This vacuum also comes with 2 in 1 tool for cleaning upholstery and crevices.
The cyclonic filtration does not give you a chance to massifs for losing suction. The steerable technology added some little twist to this vacuum. It can easily turn around your furniture or objects with a little flick of the wrist.
- If you are looking a vacuum cleaner that is very light-weight, this 4 lbs vacuum cleaner is for you. This is light-weight, easy to carry and handle.
- Brush roll on/off and floor/carpet mood selector switches are very easy to control with just pushing or turning.
- The large dust cup you can empty easily with just pushing one button, also comes with rinsable washable and reusable filter. The HEPA media filter helps to trap allergens.
- More convenient, handy and pretty unique design.
- Price is below $150 that reduces your cost.
- This vacuum is a bit noisy than others.
- Sometimes it doesn’t stay upright unless you put the vacuum cleaner 100%
- Hair stuck in the bottom brush on the carpet mood. You’ll need to keep the brush clean, if this happens.
The machine has two filters; one HEPA filter and rinsable filter. The cyclonic technology runs the vacuum frequently with no loss of its original suction and the brush roll control makes the vacuum great for hardwood floor as well as for carpets and pet hair.
If you are looking the best quality vacuum at a lower price, it’s the perfect choice for you.
- Steerable Technology navigate smoothly around furniture, corners and other obstacles by simply twisting the handle in the direction you'd like to go
- Lightweight easy to lift, carry and move around, weighs less than 14 pounds with wand and tools
- WindTunnel 3 Technology lifts and removes deep down, embedded dirt with 3 channels of suction
- Multi Floor Brushroll On/Off move from carpet to hardwood with a press of a button
- Includes a 2 in 1 Crevice Tool Crevice Mode cleans cracks and crevices with precision while the Dusting Mode cleans vents, furniture surfaces, and other decor.Dirt Cup Capacity: 1.2 Liters
#3. Kenmore 31150 Elite Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner
If you are looking a bagged model of vacuum cleaner for the hardwood floor, here is the all-new Kenmore elite the latest upright vacuum cleaner by Kenmore, best for hardwood floor cleaning.
You have also an option in your hand if you are looking for especially a bagged vacuum for hardwood floors with an Oreck Commercial; I gave it to my sister.
This Kenmore 31150 Elite bagged upright vacuum cleaner has the latest features and extra attachments made it the best vacuum for carpets as well as best vacuum for picking pet hair along with hard floors.
This discontinued the outgoing intuition and this one has lot more features. Compared to the intuition this one does have the direct drive motor one of the famous beltless brush roll drives which doesn’t use any belts to power the brush rolls.
This model is constructed with 4 position height adjustment you can keep it in middle for medium pile carpet.
The most important thing about this vacuum cleaner is that the motor has 20% extra suction power than the previous models of Kenmore and it comes with Hepa filtration that traps lots dust to microns.
Several upholstery tools are very flexible to use.
- No suction loose in any moods and inducer motor to provide 20% more suction. Suction control for a gentle surface.
- This is a bagged upright vacuum great for allergy & asthma sufferers.
- The LED headlights and Infrared Dirt Sensor will alert you to pick up small dirt you can’t see.
- Extra attachments, Brushroll off/on and height adjustment made it great for carpets and pet hair too.
- Very lightweight, easy to push, handle and storage vacuum.
- The hose is not very long.
- You’ll have to spend money on buying new bags.
All-in-all it’s a great vacuum it’s not gonna cause you a lot of trouble and also you not gonna have to put a lot of maintenance to this machine and it is probably the most expensive bagged vacuum.
If you want another bagged vacuum you may go with Panasonic an alternate option of this vacuum cleaner.
- BAGGED UPRIGHT VACUUM: Remove pet hair, dust and more with this multifloor, multi-surface designed vacuum for use in your home, den, or kitchen with a wide sweeper path
- PET HANDIMATE: Air driven turbine spins roller brush to high RPM easily removing dander, stubborn pet hair and other debris off furniture, stairs, car and van seats and out of your vehicle
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM-AAFA CERTIFIED: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.7% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum reducing allergy-induced pollutants in the room
- POWERFUL CLEANING: 3D Inducer Motor combines power of 3 motors that give you 20% more air power than a conventional vacuum while never loosing suction. The Beltless Agitator reduces maintenance and repairs
- 3 ATTACHMENTS-EXTENDED REACH: Flexible hose and lightweight aluminum wand lengthen to reach 10'. Dusting brush, crevice tool and second bare floor tool for convenient cleaning transitions
The upright vacuum cleaner is perfect for cleaning carpets and floor. If you are having carpets in your home, then this type of vacuum is often recommended by experts and the satisfied customers.
This helps you to clean your floor very easily in a short period of time. The top rated upright vacuum cleaners help you in cleaning curtains, swags and many more items.
Check our another post which is about Best Upright Vacuum cleaner
Canister Vacuum for Hardwood floors, Carpet and Pet hair
Canister vacuums are generally more expensive than the upright model and also more durable.
But if you want a vacuum to keep weight on the floor and you just have the cleaning handle in your hand, you can buy a canister vac.
The best canister vacuum can perform for several cleaning activities like cleaning bare floor, upholstery, furniture hardwood floor, pet hair. Some Canister vacuums are also good for carpet cleaning as the Upright vacuum.
We picked here the best canister vacuums at possible low price but best quality.
#1. Dyson Big Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum
If you love canister vacuum and want a vacuum cleaner that is best for hardwood floors, carpets, best for pet hair and also best for any types of floor. I would recommend this vacuum cleaner.
With this canister vacuum, the weight trials behind you. All you have to do walk around with the wand and light brush.
Dyson demands that this is the only vacuum with no maintenance and no loss of its suction. Also, they say, this needs no filters to wash and for replace. And also no bags to buy.
It captures the microscopic dust that clogs conventional vacuum. So, there are no dirt filters to wash or replace.
Dyson engineers used the low center of gravity to create a curved body. so when the vacuum is knocked down, gravitational force automatically corrects it.
If you are thinking to buy a Dyson, that means you are getting the latest and greatest. This the newest canister model which is technologically advanced.
The vacuum cleaner let you extend the wand than the other vacuum in the market. It has also automatic cord rewind feature that helps to wind the cord by pressing a single button.
- The vacuum is self-rights when falling down or if hits a wall. Other vacuums fall down and stay down, but this is not like that. It is capable of self-straight by the ball technology.
- Hygienic dirt ejector let you emptying the dust cup without touching the dust.
- Carbon fiber turbine head picks up dirt and dust from carpet and floor without scratching your hard floors.
- No replacements of the bag, no additional costs, no loss of suction, no maintenance required.
- The short power cord
- It is noisy.
- It may leave dirt and dust on the carpet for sometimes.
Some owner complaint against this vacuum cleaner that it is hard to push on the carpet for its great suction. So it is great for hardwood floor. I’ve to say that it’s just so moveable and the fact is that it has a big ball and never falls around. It just moves around corners even the handles are really moveable.
I love this vacuum because it comes with different attachments like crevice tools, dusting brush, pet tools etc. You’ll also love this vacuum if your main concern is cleaning hardwood floors.
No products found.
#2. Bissell Hard Floor Expert Multi-Cyclonic Canister 1547
This Bissell Hard floor expert multi-cyclonic bagless canister vacuum comes with different attachments. It comes with a small brush tool, hard floor attachment carpet attachment to give you easy of cleaning your hardwood floor to carpet.
It is constructed with cyclonic technology for longer suction to get the job done for your cleaning purposes. Hardfloor turbine tool is gentle cleaning your hard floors while multi-surface foot for excellent pick up on area rugs and carpeted floors.
Tha vacuum cleaner is so compact and lightweight for carrying and storage. It is a bagless vacuum and provides easy emptying of dust cup.
It has no HEPA filtration system but it uses multi-level filtration like pleated post motor filter and washable dirt cup filter to reduce household allergens.
The specialized turbine foot designed to protect your hard floor you love and pick up pet hair, dirt and other debris at the same time.
It is also featured with automatic cord rewind. You can store your additional cleaning tools on board for easy access during cleaning.
The vacuum cleaner has an air flow indicator that shows you when the air flow disrupted. It’ll help you know when there is a clog happens to your vacuum cleaner.
- It collects dirt from bare floors, carpets, hardwood floor, Stairs and upholstery. It has a multilevel filtration.
- Swivel head design to go hard to reach areas and underneath furniture.
- Easy empty dust cup and 2L capacity of dust cup reduce your frequent dust emptying.
- 11 inch wide cleaning path and telescopic wand.
- Extremely lightweight, approx 9.3 lbs.
- No clean filter indicator, you’ve to clean after a certain period.
- Carpet cleaner head is a bit hard to push.
Make cleaning and effortless task with the stylish Bissel 1457. Specialized hard floor turbine filters designed for optimal pick up a pet hair, dirt and other debris while protecting your floors from any damage.
It’s simple to assemble offers easy access to tools and includes a mess-free bottom opening dirt tank
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology for excellent suction for longer. Power Cord Length: 18 feet , Hose Length - 7 inches
- Hard floor Turbine foot is tough on dirt, gentle on your floors. Power Rating: 9.2 amps. Cleaning Path Width : 11 Inch
- Multi-surface foot for excellent pickup on Area rugs and carpeted floors in your home
- The easy empty dirt tank opens from the bottom for no-mess disposal. Brush System: Rotating Clear Window
- Compact and lightweight design for easy carrying and storage. Dirt Cup Capacity : 67.6 fluid Ounce
#3. Miele Compact C2 Electro Bagless Canister Vacuum
Miele is vacuum company that’s been around since 1927 and specifically I’ll be looking at the model C2.
The Miele compact C2 is an ultra-light vacuum cleaner which is easy to carry, great for storage and sits on stairs very nicely. It also maneuvers incredibly well if you look at the back of the machine you’ll find it has 3 rubber caster wheels. These go in 360 direction so they glide beautifully across the actual floor and pretty much effortlessly too without scratching the hardwood floor.
In the front of the machine, you’ll notice that it has a bag full indicator so obviously, it tells when the bag is full or about to get full.
You also have what they called variable speed. The variable speed contains also the motor speed. This vacuum cleaner has 20-25 more suction capability than the other traditional vacuum cleaner. It has 6 suction adjustment controls.
It also has the cord retractor on the unit which pops out very easily; it’s called a one touch. So one touch and 32 feet long cord rewind automatically.
The filters in this unit come in different levels. The filtration starts with the bag itself which is a multi level and 99.9% dust air free. A pre-motor filter is just a precautionary filter to block any fine dust from getting into the motor and then a post-motor filter takes place behind the motor that captures any tiny dust particulates going through the machine.
- 32 feet cleaning radius so it pretty much can reach anywhere throughout the house without unplugging and re-plugging over and over again.
- Multi-level filtration traps all types of tiny dust particulates. Constructed with the air sealed suction system.
- It’s super quiet and on-board tool storage facility.
- The vacuum cleaner is easy to maneuver, variable power and suction and excellent quality.
- Bag indicator, automatic cord rewind and wide cleaning radius.
- It is not great for pet hair cleaning.
- Debris pushed away during quick cleaning.
- Price is little higher.
The unit comes with the crevice tool, the dusting tool and of course you have upholstery tool.
It also comes with combination floor tool that has combo attachment. The way it works is that it has a flat attachment on the bottom, which you do some area rugs or small area rugs throughout the house. And if you want to do your hard surfaces there is a button on the top that actually pushes the bristles so you can do the hard floor without scratching it.
There is another hard floor tool and if you are up to the budget you can buy this top graded canister vacuum cleaner to clean all around your home.
According to researched on 50 (don’t remember the exact number) vacuum cleaners and found that all the vacuums are not suitable for every types of cleaning. I also found that, different types of vacuum cleaner perform well for different task.
- Air clean sealed system. Nominal power consumption in W : 1,100
- 6 stage variable speed Miele Made Vortex silence motor
- HEPA air clean filter. Filterbag volume in Liter: 3.5. Seb228 Electro+
- Optimum carpet care - electrobrush for intensive deep cleaning. Gentle on sensitive hard floors - soft parquet brush. Maximum suction power - 1,200 W
- Sbb parquett-3 hard floor nozzle.Telescopic suction wand:Electro telescopic tube
Buying guide of Vacuum cleaner for Hardwood floors:
And here is the short buying guide. I’ve posted another article in detail of Vacuum buying guide. You can check this also.
Understanding the specifications of machines is one of the most challenging part. When it is time for buying a new vacuum cleaner, most consumers would like to prefer the best one which has excellent cleaning ability. But cleaning ability is not all about the suction. Most of the consumers typically equate cleaning ability with “power” and “suction”
Though these are the two different important elements, everyone should consider before buying a vac sweeper. A little information and education can make you allow making decisions concerning the cleaning ability of a vacuum cleaner.
Rolling Brushes and Rubber wheels:
Vacuum cleaners with rotating brushes are usually covered with thick bristles which can damage or create scratches on your floors. So, you need to check before buying your floor vacuum whether if there have any rotating brushes. It is sensible to avoid rotating brush if you want a vacuum for hardwood floors. Because these type of vacuum is specially designed for dig into carpets and bring out the dirt from the deep.
If you want a vacuum that will work for both your floors and carpets, find one that is featured with rolling brushes but must have the function to on/off the rotating brush by pressing a switch. So, you can turn off the brush when cleaning floors and turn on the brush when cleaning your carpets. I’ll talk about this type of vacuum here that will work for hardwood floor as well as carpets.
Rubber wheels are called as protected wheels. This is like a guard for your floor to prevent it from scratches.
This is one of the most important points I like to talk about especially when talking about the vacuum cleaner for floors and carpets. The primary task of a vacuum cleaner is to suck the dust and dirt. Suction power defines the efficiency of a vacuum cleaner.
Suction power also depends on the various things like motor power and power supply of a vacuum sweeper. The suction power works for hardwood floor might not work for carpet. So you should buy a vacuum that has enough suction power for cleaning carpets.
Since, we need the strong suction power that can suck the dust and dirt from the wooden floor.
Weight and Size:
Being in the apartment, everyone should consider the lighter and compact appliances. It’s not essential depending on the other features accept weight, size and the features mentioned above. A lightweight vacuum is always minimizing the risk of accidental scratches and provide great handle options.
So these are the main and primary consideration points before buying a vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors.
You can check my another post about vacuum cleaner buying guide, where I discussed step by step about buying the vacuum cleaner for your needs. If you didn’t check it yet, I would suggest you read that article first, which will increase your knowledge about vacuum. And if you know the points already, you can skip.
So what’s next?
Are you still confused about what vacuum you should buy?
Let me help you in this section.
So if you have hardwood floor all around your home and small carpet areas. But also want to clean a little amount of curtains stairs and specially if have asthma and allergens, the shark vacuum I mentioned in the upright section would be the great choice.
If you need a bagless but upright vacuum, and noise is not your concern the Hoover is recommended for you.
And also If you can afford and up to the budget, the Miele canister is the best for the all time.
Still confused? Let me know about your needs or problems. So, that I can recommend or give the solution to you according to your needs. Please feel free to leave a comment.